Every year advertisements begin to run on television starting in September concerning annual enrollment. You might also see brochures in the mail and the cards from various insurance agencies. Annual Enrollment occurs every year for medicare recipients between October 15th and December 7th. What kind of insurance does this affect and what can you do during this time?
Here’s what you can do:
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.